Monday, April 12, 2010

Saucepan brownies



A friend of mine gave me this recipe two weeks ago telling me that it was really good, so, of course, I had to see it for myself ;-) Well, she was right! These brownies are moist and fudgy and they flew away really fast. Well, to honor the truth I made a mistake with the butter in the first batch of brownies: I don't know why, but I was sure that 6 tablespoons = 1 cup (ouch!), and thus, the brownies were too greasy and once cooled(we weren't going to eat them right then) they had tiny lumps of butter. In the second batch I added the right amount of butter, so they turned out right.

Ingredients:        

6 tblsp/100g of butter
55g of cooking chocolate (I used 100g because I'm a chocolate addict)
1 cup/200g of white sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp of vanilla
3/4 cup/105g of flour (I used 1 cup/140g because of the chocolate)
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/4 tsp of salt

Method:

  1. Preheat the oven to 325ºF/170ºC.
  2. Grease an 8-inch square baking tin.
  3. In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and chocolate,stirring constantly.
  4. Remove from heat and let cool.
  5. With a whisk, beat in the sugar and vanilla.
  6. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
  7. Stir flour, measure into a small bowl, and stir in the baking powder and salt, blending well.
  8. With a wooden spoon, stir the flour mixture into the first mixture.
  9. Spoon into the prepared tin and spread evenly.
  10. Bake in the pre-heated oven at 170ºC for about 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment