Sunday, April 25, 2010

Condensed milk pound cake



A few weeks ago I was going through Tracey's Culinary Adventures (a blog I had just discovered) looking for some ideas, when I saw this recipe. This cake is great! I only made half of it because I didn't want it to last long (this kind of cakes get dry too easily), but it lasted way less than I thougth! Next day I barely got to eat 2 slices with some choped strawberries on top (yummmmmm!) for breakfast. This combination is one of my favorites ^^ I highly recommend this cake to be eaten warm or cold, because if you eat it right from the oven you might find it too sweet (at least that's what happened to me).

So, the recipe I used is as follows:

Ingredients:        


80g butter at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
80g all-purpose flour
40g sugar
125ml sweetened condensed milk

Method:

  1. Preheat oven to 170ÂșC.
  2. Butter a small loaf pan.
  3. Sift together the flour and baking powder and set aside.
  4. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
  5. Add the condensed milk and mix until well incorporated.
  6. Add the dry ingredients and mix until no traces of the flour remain.
  7. Add the egg and, again, mix until well combined.
  8. Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes
  9. Let it cool completely in the loaf pan on a rack before unmoulding.

No comments:

Post a Comment