Sunday, August 15, 2010

Back from blogging holidays: chocolate crackle cookies



I know I didn't say that I was going on holidays, but it's because I didn't plan it.
Well, I did plan the holidays from work, but I didn't plan the blogging holidays. That's because I felt soooooo lazy that I didn't want to bake anything, therefore I had nothing to show. It felt good being on holidays and it feels horrible going back to work, but I suppose I'm left with no other alternative T_T

So, lets focus on the cookies: this isn't the first time that I bake this cookies, but it's the first time that I bake them not following the original recipe step by step.
A friend of mine gave me this recipe a year ago and I tried it inmediatly, but the cookies were too sweet for me and thus I decided that I was going to make them again but with some modifications. But I eventually forgot about doing that. Till now. Yesterday, while browsing through some old papers, I found the recipe and decided to try it again. Fortunately I wrote down last time the modifications that I wanted to do next time! Basicaly, I've cut down by half the amount of sugar and double the amount of vanila extract and baking powder (last time I thought the were a bit "hard" -_-U).
I prefer them now, they are not as dry as last time and you can taste better the chocolate flavour.

So, here's the recipe:

Ingredients:        

60g of butter
1 box of Nestle's chocolate fondue or 250g of cooking chocolate
50g of white granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp of vanilla
210g of flour
1 tsp of baking powder
1 pinch of salt
(Optional)confectioners' sugar for dusting

Method:

  1. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or in the microwave.
  2. Add the butter and let it cool sighly.
  3. In a bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar and the eggs until it doubles it's size.
  4. Add the chocolate and the vanila extract to the egg mixture and whisk until well combined.
  5. Measure the flour into a small bowl, and stir in the baking powder and salt, blending well.
  6. With a wooden spoon, stir the flour mixture into the egg mixture.
  7. Wrap the bowl with plastic wrap and let it cool in the fridge for 1 hour.
  8. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
  9. Take the bowl out of the fridge and, with your hands, take a small amount of dough, roll it into a ball shape and put it in a baking sheet. Here you can roll the balls in confectioners' sugar to give them a white coating. I ommited this step because I think that the cookies taste too sweet if I do it.
  10. Bake in the pre-heated oven at 180ºC for about 10 minutes.
  11. Transfer from oven to a wire rack and let them cool completely before storing in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment