Monday, June 7, 2010

Peanut Cookies



Last week I was browsing through Table for 2...or more when I saw this recipe of Chinese New Year's peanut cookies. I decided to make them because the recipe uses vegetable oil (I used olive oil, not corn oil) instead of lard and I had some peanuts (and I love them ^^). Also, we don't celebrate here the Chinese New Year, so I didn't feel like out-of-season while making (and eating) them.

The original recipe yields too much cookies for us, so I made 1/10 of it, which yielded 35 marble ball-sized cookies:

Ingredients:        

100g flour
100g roasted peanuts (deskinned and ground)
100g fine sugar
40ml olive oil
1 egg (beaten)
Peanut halves for decoration

Method:

  1. Mix flour, sugar and peanuts until well blended together.
  2. Pour in the oil and knead until the oil is well incorporated.
  3. Take a small amount of peanut dough onto your palm and roll into a small ball the size of a marble.
  4. Place the peanut ball onto a baking tray and place a peanut half onto it. Lightly press the peanut half.
  5. Apply the egg wash with a small brush.
  6. Bake at 180ÂșC for 12 minutes or until the egg wash turns golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment