Thursday, February 21, 2013

Honey and walnut cookies



Today I'd like to introduce you to the easiest-to-make cookies you could ever think of. They only have a few ingredients and 3 steps (4 if you count melting the butter as a step).

I found the recipe here long ago when I was searching for a honey and walnut biscoti recipe (until I realised there existed none). The original recipe calls for one large egg but I forget to use it and the cookies are still amazing, which makes them even better (one ingredient less, yuhu!).

Ingredients:

125g plain flour
70g butter, melted
100ml honey
30g chopped walnuts
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch of salt

Method:

  1. In a bowl mix all the ingredients until smooth. Let the mix sit for five minutes so it hardens and meanwhile preheat the oven to 190ÂșC.
  2. With a spoon plop dollops of the mix about 5cm apart on a foil-covered cookie sheet (or baking tray). Bake for 13 minutes or until they're light brown.
  3. Take the cookies out of the oven and let them cool before transfering them to storage.

When taken out of the oven the cookies are very soft but don't be scared because they won't break (they're are tougher than they seem ;-D). As they get colder they also get firmer but I prefer the texture they had when I first ate them still warm, they remind me of a cake ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment