Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Chocolate and walnut cookies



Yesterday I decided to give a try to these cookies because I still have in my pantry some of the walnuts that I bought for the Banana walnut cake.
I love these cookies, they're delicious! I couldn't stop eating them and was not at all willing to give some away to my boyfriend but, well, they were meant to be for him so I had already told him that I was making them...

This recipe comes from the book Chocolate Galore (in Spanish is Chocolate a gogó) wich was a present from my boyfriend for my last birdthday. The original recipe from the book uses white chocolate and pecans but, as I've said, I had walnuts instead, so I went on with them and my boyfriend prefers milk chocolate rather than white chocolate so I used that one. Another thing that I changed, apart from making half the ammount stated in the recipe, was the huge cuantity of sugar that it called for (in the original recipe it was 120g brown sugar and 150g white sugar) which doesn't suit our taste and scares the hell out of us thinking how our teeth are going to fall down if we dare to take a bit.
So, the recipe is as follows:

Ingredients:        


75g salted butter (at room temperature)
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
30g brown sugar
40g white sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
150g all-purpose flour
50g chocolate chunks
50g toasted walnuts (chopped)

Method:

  1. Preheat oven to 180ºC.
  2. Cream butter and sugar (add the sugar little by little) until light and fluffy.
  3. Mix in the egg and then the vanilla extract until well combined.
  4. Add the rest of the ingredients in order.
  5. Take a small amount of cookie dough onto your palm and roll into a ball.
  6. Put the balls onto a baking tray and press them slightly.
  7. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-15 minutes until the borders brown.
  8. Take the cookies out from the oven and let them cool completely in the tray before transfering them to a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment