Sunday, May 9, 2010

Coffee meringues



I don't know why I didn't make this delicious meringues sooner! I saw them in dailydelicious the very day that they were posted, but I decided to make other things and so I put this recipe aside. Until yesterday. On friday I went looking for a small bottle of coffee liqueur, as I wasn't sure if I were going to make any other dessert that includes this, and yesterday morning I got into it. It's incredible how easy this recipe is! It only has a few steps and it seems to be foolproof, because I got them right on my first attempt, which isn't usual. The only modification that I dared to do was to use 100 grams of sugar instead of 114 grams of caster sugar.


The meringues are sweet and very "airy". It was a surprise when I put them in the box and lifted them to store them in the cupboard; it seemed that the box was empty! They're sooooo light! ^^ As you're biting them you think that you're eating something dry but they melt as soon as they reach your tongue. They remind me of the cotton candies ^^ And they're so full of coffee flavour! I made them of different sizes to try out which one is the best for me and I have decided on the small, bite-sized, meringue because the coffee + hazelnut taste is incredibly good, so next time I want to have that taste in every bite ^^

1 comment:

  1. I love the close-up photo, look great!

    Ps.I think the color can come from the type and brand of the coffee that you use ^ ^.

    ReplyDelete